International School of Hellerup is looking to employ positive, energetic and well-organized teachers to join our school in the PYP (Pre-K -5th grade). We are currently seeking a PYP LSS co-teacher for grades PYP 1-5.
This is a temporary 1-year contract, either full-time or part-time. The position starts in August 2020. Only local teachers (e.g. Denmark or southern Sweden) should apply for this temporary role.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a high fluency in written and spoken English
- Demonstrate strong collaborative and interpersonal skills
- Have relevant teaching qualifications (including Learning Support/Special Needs education) and proven teaching experience, preferably in an IB school
- Have knowledge and/or experience of LSS led co-teaching models in PYP schools
- Have knowledge and/or experience of, and a commitment to, the educational philosophies of the International Baccalaureate, specifically the Primary Years Programme
- Design, deliver and evaluate lessons which stimulate and motivate student learning
- Work and plan in collaboration within curricular teams
- Be caring and compassionate
- Enjoy teaching and working in an internationally-minded environment
- Teaches students who need remedial instruction and/or who have been referred to the Learning Support Services and uses specific differentiated strategies to achieve the individual student goals
- Works collaboratively with all PYP members of staff. This includes, and is not limited to, class teachers, single-subject teachers, ASCP coordinator, EAL Coordinator, Admissions, and Management.
- Attends periodic PYP LSS meetings, PYP weekly meetings, and whole school staff meetings
- Adheres to school’s Inclusion Policy and ensures an expectation of differentiation and inclusion.
To apply, please email your C.V. and a letter of application addressed to Stef Fleet, Primary School Principal, to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday July 8th, 2020.