International School of Hellerup is looking to employ a positive, energetic and well-organized teacher to join our school in the PYP (Pre-K -5th grade). This is a temporary contract (up to 1 year), full-time or near full-time. The position could be for any grade level. Start date to be confirmed.
International School of Hellerup (ISH) was founded in 2009 to meet the needs of the International English-speaking community in Copenhagen. ISH is an IB PYP, MYP, and DP continuum school.
The role of the PYP classroom teacher will be to implement the programme, develop curriculum and facilitate a high-quality learning environment for the students.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a high fluency in written and spoken English
- Demonstrate strong collaborative and interpersonal skills
- Have relevant teaching qualifications and proven teaching experience, preferably in an IB school
- Have prior homeroom teaching experience, including teaching a range of disciplines
- Have strong classroom management skills
- Model an inquiry approach to teaching and learning
- Have knowledge and/or experience of, and a commitment to, the educational philosophies of the International Baccalaureate, specifically the Primary Years Programme
- Teach the equivalent of 23 x 45 minute lessons per week
- Design, deliver and evaluate lessons which stimulate and motivate student learning
- Work and plan in collaboration within curricular teams
- Be caring and compassionate
- Enjoy teaching and working in an internationally minded environment
To apply, please email your C.V. and a letter of application to email@example.com by Monday 21st September 2020, 12:00.