We are looking to employ a positive, energetic and well-organized Secondary School Learning Support Teacher to join our school’s Learning Support Services (LSS) team in the 2020-2021 school year.
The role of the Learning Support Teacher (LST) will be to support students with identified learning difficulties in the DP programme and teach to the objectives of the IB curriculum. The position will require the candidate to have or be:
- Near-native English speaking and writing ability.
- Documented specialisation in Mathematics
- Current teaching qualifications and proven teaching experience.
- Knowledge of, and a commitment to, the educational philosophy of the International Baccalaureate, specifically to the Diploma Programme.
- Experience in Special Educational Needs and knowledge of and experience with IB inclusion documents such as universal design for learning (UDL).
- Experience in planning hands-on learning experiences for students with learning difficulties.
- Ability to evaluate, assess, plan, deliver and reflect on lessons which stimulate and motivate student learning.
- Ability to work and plan in collaboration within curricular teams, and divisional leaders.
- Ability to write and regularly review Individualized Education Programmes (IEP) in collaboration with students, parents and teachers.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an open-minded approach to collaboration and new perspectives.
- Enjoy teaching and working in an intercultural environment, with an international minded approach.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work with parents and outside agencies (therapists, tutors, Kommune etc).
- Experience with social-emotional counselling is desired but not a requirement
Applicants with qualification of SEN can apply regardless of being experienced in IB or not. The position is a part-time position and commences in August 2020.
To apply: please email your CV and a letter of application to the Deputy Head of School, Mustafa Gezen at the email firstname.lastname@example.org July 8th, 2020