Through the PTA, parents have many opportunities to help our community thrive. We warmly welcome parents who are interested in undertaking key support roles whether as members of the PTA Committee or as Class Parents. Whatever level of participation you choose, your time and involvement will be greatly appreciated. Would you like to join the PTA? Contact us!
2018-2019 PTA Committee
|Vice Chair||Alana Cookman|
|Event Coordinator||Birgitte Lassen Rossau|
|PTA Coordinator||Karolina MacAulay|
The PTA Committee for the 2018-2019 school year was elected at the PTA Meeting in September 2018. Job descriptions for each role are available below.
- Oversee the smooth running of PTA with the support of the Vice Chair and PTA Coordinator
- Chair PTA meetings
- Act as liaison between parents and the administration
- Create agenda and facilitate monthly PTA meetings together with the PTA Coordinator.
- Write a monthly message to the parents.
- Advise parents and help welcome new families.
PTA Vice Chair
- Assist the PTA Chair
- Perform the duties of the PTA Chair in her/his absence.
- Take the minutes of the monthly PTA meetings
- Publish the minutes of the meeting with the help of the PTA Coordinator
- Keep records of all receipts on expenditures made during his/her term of office.
- Management of PTA event accounting and payments.
- Yearly financial reporting at the PTA annual general meeting.
PTA Event Coordinators
- Oversee and coordinate PTA events.
- Advertise PTA events with the help of the ISH Communications Officer.
If you would like to add your name to our parent volunteer email list and receive email notifications when someone in the PTA or at the school is looking for parent volunteers, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org. Parent volunteer requests are also posted in the ISH Community Facebook group.
Would you like to join the PTA team? Contact us! We look forward to hearing from you.