Dear MYP parents and students,
Following the prudent response by the government to close schools for the next weeks, we have developed a plan for learning continuity rooted in our school values. We care for our students and seek to take responsibility for their learning during this crisis by providing them meaningful learning experiences that will allow for a seamless transition back to their usual routines at the point when school resumes. At the same time, we have made consideration for the fact that students do not have the social or practical conditions to learn in the same way as they do during regular school days.
What we understand about teaching and learning in emergency situations is that learning must continue, but it must be tailored to the reality that students do not have direct access to the robust level of interaction they experience in a live classroom situation; that household expectations and routines vary from family to family; and that students are managing their own mindsets in the midst of all of the uncertainty. We also recognize that in all of this, there is a need for students to maintain their relationships and routines to the extent possible.
In light of this, we have adjusted the school day schedule to include synchronous learning and asynchronous learning opportunities. Synchronous learning will take place each morning between 8:30 and 10:30 when all students meet their teachers via Google Meet online classes. Each day, students will also be engaged in asynchronous learning, which will be based on that day or that week’s learning objectives.
Please note that students who receive Learning Support will have individualised online lessons during the remote learning period. Please check your email or Google Meet for the exact timetable.
Updated guidelines for students
- Be ready to meet your teacher on google hangouts at 8:30 on Monday morning. (Read your advisor’s message in Managebac by Monday morning)
- Dedicate appropriate time to learning, as guided by your teachers below.
- Check Managebac calendar and messages for information on courses, assignments, resources daily.
- Attend, participate and respect the regular synchronous engagements offered by each of your teachers. (see schedule)
- Write to your teachers if you will miss their lesson.
- Identify a comfortable and quiet space to study/learn.
- Engage in all learning posted with academic honesty.
- Submit all assignments in accordance with the provided timeline and/or due dates.
- Ensure your own social and emotional balance by keeping healthy habits.
Guidelines for parents: how to support your child’s learning
If you need help with your remote learning technology, please visit our Tech Support’s Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page. I you still need advice from our Tech Support after reading through all of the FAQs, please contact email@example.com. Provide as much information as possible. You are also welcome to call 50 19 03 26 for Tech Support on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:00 – 11:00.