We are looking forward to welcoming both students and coaches to our lovely International School of Hellerup and city of Copenhagen for the ISMTF Middle School Math Competition.
The competition will run from Friday, March 27th 2020 until Sunday, March 29th 2020
We have already begun planning for an academically challenging and adventurous weekend.
- Only students 14 years or younger on 1st August 2019 (ie, born on 1st August 2005 or after) are eligible to compete in the 2020 ISMTF Middle School Math Competition.
- Students must be currently enrolled in the school they are representing.
- Schools must also be members of the ISMTF organization.
Please note the following steps must be completed to register your team:
1. Register your team(s) (until December 17, 2019)
2. Submit questions with solutions in registration form (submitted with registration)
3. Submit payment (after you receive confirmation of registration)
4. Submit team and travel information (February, 2020)
5. Receive final details and information (March 2020)
NOTE: You will receive an email confirming your registration. Once you receive this confirmation you will have one week to make your payment. Registering is only final once payment has been received. Registration will be on a ‘first come first served’ basis. If the capacity is full, you will be added to the waiting list!
Coach: €295 (single room), €215 (shared room) per person
Coaches may register a maximum of 2 teams (each team is comprised of 3 students)
What is included:
- Accommodation for both Friday and Saturday night (March 27th-28th, 2020)
HOST FAMILY: We have asked our parents and teachers to accommodate some of our guest students at their houses. This has helped us lower cost of the whole competition budget. Joining a host family will be beneficial and interesting for the students, as they will be exposed to family culture in Denmark. So, please encourage your students to stay with a host family!
DANHOSTEL: Each teacher/coach will be in a single/double room while students will be sharing rooms with other students (4 to 8 in each room) from the same and/or other schools. Students of the same gender will be together. See Danhostel here.
- Buffet dinner at the hostel/dinner with host family on Friday 27th and Saturday 28th March, 2020
- Breakfast at the hostel/host family on Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th March, 2020
- Lunch at ISH, Saturday 28th March, 2020
- Packed lunch, Sunday 29th March, 2020
- Snacks on Saturday
- Associated costs (prizes, t-shirts, activity materials, decorations, etc)
- Two day travel card (March 28th-29th, 2020): Copenhagen City pass (Zone 1-4)
- Public transport will be used on both Saturday and Sunday (Further information to come)
- Sunday Travel to Airport (Public transport will be used)
What is not included:
Transport from Airport to Danhostel on Friday, March 27th, 2020 (Further instructions will be posted on the website with recommendations of transport options.)
ISMTF MS COMPETITION 2020 Programme
Friday – March 27, 2020
Teams arrive to Copenhagen
Travel to accomodation/check in
Have dinner in/out hotel
Saturday-March 28, 2020
7:00-8:30 Breakfast at accomodation
8:30-9:00 Travel to ISH
9:15 Welcoming schools at ISH
9:30-11:00 Competition starts (session 1-5)
11:00-11:15 Break (Snack time)
11:15-13:00 Competition (sessions 6-10)
14:30-17:00 Afternoon activities (Surprise! It will be announced soon)
17:15 Back to accommodation
17:30 Free time
Sunday-March 29, 2020
7:00-8:30 Breakfast at accomodation
8:30-9:00 Checking out
9:00- 9:30 Arriving Sunday chase location (Plan A: Center of Copenhagen, Plan B- bad weather: ISH)
9:45-11:45 Sunday chase competition
11:45-12:00 Award giving ceremony
12:00-12:15 Providing packed lunches
12:30- Travel to airport