Our vision is to foster a nourishing and respectful environment where all individuals become reflective and active members of the society, contributing to common good and world peace through/based on universal values.
Our mission is to provide the highest quality education in a student-centered environment by empowering individuals to fulfill their human potential to become purposeful life-long learners and responsible global citizens.
- Acceptance: Students are tolerant and understanding; students and teachers are mindful of the needs and rights of others; our school community is open-minded and inclusive; we are supportive of each other.
- Responsibility: We are responsible in all our actions; we are reliable; staff members are dedicated and professional.
- Caring: Students are considerate and kind; Staff members are respectful and considerate; all are supportive of each other.
- Excellence: All students strive to do their best; the teaching staff offers a high quality education; our school community supports the staff members and the students.
- Maintain a school culture of excellence in teaching, achievement, innovation and self-improvement
- Maintain a supportive, healthy and secure environment for learning and teaching
- Deliver a balanced and holistic international education program centered on the International Baccalaureate (IB) Learner Profile and the goals of the IB program
- Integrate technology as a meaningful and effective part of the educational process
- Deliver enriching co/extra-curricular opportunities for students
- Provide outstanding facilities and resources
- Attract and retain excellent faculty and staff
- Heighten student awareness and engagement through social, environmental and intercultural activities
- Ensure wise and effective school governance
- Engage parents, alumni and the local and global community in the support of the school
- Ensure a financially sound and operationally efficient organization
ISH Definition of International Mindedness
International mindedness at ISH means to appreciate and respect diverse cultural perspectives, while reflecting on and balancing this with our own identity and culture. We are committed to these principles and strive to empower our school community to undertake authentic and meaningful action that supports personal, local and global issues.