We are looking for an experienced, efficient and dynamic Whole School Librarian to start in January 2019.
Reporting to the divisional Principals and working closely with Programme Coordinators and a cross-section of personnel, the successful candidate will be responsible for the daily operation and supervision of the school library as well as the implementation of programmes and services necessary to maximize the use of the library and its resources. Duties will include:
- Reviewing, evaluating, and selecting library resources for the IB Primary Years, Middle Years and Diploma Programme in collaboration with programme coordinators and teachers
- Processing, organizing, and classifying resources to ensure access to materials
- Maintaining an automated library management and information access programme
- Maintaining a current, functional library collection through data analysis, inventory, weeding, updating, and replacement of resources
- Applying knowledge of how children learn to create welcoming learning environments
- Facilitate learning through resource-based instruction by providing access to and promoting the use of resources in all formats
- Analyzing, promoting, and coordinating access to resources outside of the school library
- Planning, implementing and evaluating instruction in collaboration with teachers
The position is full-time, and will require the candidate to have or be:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Library Science, Education or another relevant field of study
- Fluent English speaker with excellent writing and communication skills
- Affinity with and an interest in international education
- Advanced knowledge of various library systems and an ability to use a range of technology
- Current knowledge of educational technology and online resources.
- A versatile skill set and approach to be able to work with young and older students as well as range of staff members
- An ability to create and design web-based content for communication and outreach of library services and products
The position commences January 7th, 2019. To apply, please email your CV and a letter of application to the Head of School, Nedzat Asanovski, firstname.lastname@example.org by December 10th.