We are looking to employ a positive, energetic and well-organised teacher to join our school in the PYP (Pre-K -5th grade).
The role of the PYP classroom teacher will be to implement the programme, develop curriculum and facilitate a high-quality learning environment for the students. This role is an 88% permanent position and will commence in mid-August 2019.
A position is currently open for PYP2 teacher, but based on school needs the teaching role could be for any PYP homeroom class.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a high fluency in written and spoken English
- Demonstrate strong collaborative and interpersonal skills
- Have relevant teaching qualifications and proven teaching experience, preferably in an IB school
- Have prior homeroom teaching experience, including teaching a range of disciplines
- Have strong classroom management skills
- Model an inquiry approach to teaching and learning
- Have knowledge and/or experience of, and a commitment to, the educational philosophies of the International Baccalaureate, specifically the Primary Years Programme
- Teach the equivalent of 22 x 45-minute lessons per week
- Design, deliver and evaluate lessons which stimulate and motivate student learning
- Work and plan in collaboration within curricular teams
- Be caring and compassionate
- Enjoy teaching and working in an internationally minded environment
To apply, please email your C.V. and a letter of application to the Primary School Principal Stef Fleet email@example.com by Friday 29th March 2019.