We are looking to employ a knowledgeable, positive, energetic and well-organized Secondary School (MYP/DP) Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO) to join our school’s Learning Support Services (LSS) team.
Role and main responsibilities:
The role of the SENCO is to lead, develop and implement the Learning Support Services (LSS) programme in collaboration with the current LSS team and applicable internal and external stakeholders. The SENCO will also fulfill a teaching role, focusing on the objectives of the IB MYP and DP curriculum.
The requirements for the position and the ideal candidate are listed below:
- Near-native English abilities – written and verbal.
- Current and applicable teaching qualification(s) and experience.
- Knowledge of, and a commitment to, the educational philosophy of the International Baccalaureate, with a special focus on the Middle Years and Diploma Programmes.
- Prior knowledge and experience as a LST and SENCO in a secondary school.
- Experience in Special Educational Needs.
- Knowledge of, and experience with IB inclusion documents such as universal design for learning (UDL).
- Familiarity in planning hands on learning experiences for students with learning needs such as dyslexia, SLCN (speech, language and communication needs).
- Ability to evaluate, assess, plan, deliver and reflect on lessons which stimulate and motivate student learning.
- Aptitude to work and plan in collaboration within curricular teams.
- Write and regularly revise Individual Educational Plans (IEP) or Learning Support Plans (LSP), in collaboration with team members, students, parents and advisory teachers.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and an open-minded approach to work effectively with parents and outside resources.
- Passionate teacher who enjoys teaching and working in an intercultural environment, with an international-minded approach.
- Effective leadership skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with programme coordinators and the principal.
A SEN qualification is crucial for being considered for the position. Experience with the IB programme is preferred but not a pre-requisite for the position.
Please note: The SENCO role is a full-time position and will commence in August 2019.
Suitable candidates are invited to apply by sending an email with a CV and Cover Letter to our Deputy Head, Mustafa Gezen (firstname.lastname@example.org), by 25 March, 2019.